Are you thinking about putting your home on the market? Do you have questions on ways to make it more appealing to potential homebuyers? Well here is a list compiled to help you prepare your home for the real estate market and to increase your chances on getting those offers to roll on in.
1. Curb Appeal. "You never get another chance to make a first impression" and this old saying rings true in real estate. When you have potential buyers drive up to your home, the care you put into the exterior can either lead to a drive by or an offer on the table. Make sure to upkeep all lawn maintenance to include mowing, pruning bushes and shrubbery, pulling weeds and make sure your ornamental plants are watered and in good shape.
2. Minimize the Amount of Personal Items. When buyers entering your home, you want to give them the opportunity to envision it as their own. To do this efficiently remove personal pictures, curios and souvenirs from your walls, cabinets, shelfs and bookcases.
Replace them with basic home décor items, and simple prints.
3. Declutter. Making your home seem open, roomy and full of storage space is a plus when listing your home for sale. Use this time to organize closets, clean out garages, and simplify cabinet space. Organization really adds to the way your home presents to a potential buyer and leaves a lasting impression on the maintenance and care of a home.
4. Keep it Clean. Once listed your home should be "show ready" at all times. That doesn't mean, do not live in your home. This simply means, keeping your home looking and smelling clean. Basic upkeep will ensure you are ready for those possible spur of the moment showing requests.
5. Appeal to the Senses. Make your home inviting by playing smooth music, lighting a couple of scented candles, and repositioning the blinds for more sunlight. Some may even suggest to bake some fresh cookies. In other words, make your home feel warm and inviting.